Many companies now have Wiki's. A lot of wiki's can do with a nice clean-up bot to do maintenance. So the plan is this:
Write a wiki bot.
- Go from a specified page.
- When visiting a page
- Run rules on the page for formatting - RegEx replace
- If nothing is done, go to the next url
- Once a certain threshold of edits are reached per day, stop (did enough damage for one day - this also restricts the amount of wiki-recent-changes everyone sees every morning. If the bot did 300 edit overnight people will miss the real edits)
- Make a list of the vist schedule.
- If there are no links, go to the home page and grab 5 random links.
- Keep this schedule in a section on the user's home page.
- Do one page, then update the home page with the visit schedule.
- User can update schedule.
- Haywire bots butchering the wiki
- Accessing the wiki via web service interface (if it has one)