We rotate through different topics and presenters in the Sydney SharePoint user group. But I finally got my turn to present a developer topic, and I wanted to do a quick primer on all things Office Developer related.
This turned out to be a REALLY complex talk. I wanted to cover ALL the cool new stuff in Office Dev. But as it turns out every month (and now, every week) new things come out.
I ended up with:
- Brief Introduction to dev.office.com
- Brief Introduction to PnP
- Where we have been with SharePoint Add-Ins
- Where we are going with Office Addins:
- NEW API: Microsoft Graph API
- NEW AUTH: OAuth 2.0 and ADAL(js)
- NEW TOOLS: New tools with Node, NPM, and Yeoman Generator (YO OFFICE)
- Build a demo Office Addin that talks to both SharePoint Online and Microsoft Graph
- Run on web and desktop
The presentation clocked in at 1 hour and 20mins - I started a bit earlier. And kind of flopped off at the end as I run out of steam after the demo :-O
Then we gave out all the swag from dev.office.com so all is happy faces.
The PowerPoint presentation is here:
So at the end, the Office Add-In didn't load from the App Catalog on my desktop. I went home and got it to work, here are screenshots to proof it.
Here it is. The same addin working on desktop - talking to Microsoft Graph and showing Group Conversations