There is always an relevant tweet.
This is a Post-Event update post.
In Adelaide, I went at a good pace and gone through the TypeScript example, demos but had very little time remaining for discussions or questions.
Working with SP 2007
- Use VS.NET 2012/2013 with WebDAV
- Package as farm solution web part
- Include map file to debug in IE12 / Chrome.
Working with SP 2010
- You can use Content Editor as above
- You can build VS.NET farm or sandbox solutions and use TypeScript directly
- Use Sandbox solution to deploy a sandbox webpart
- Package as sandbox solution
Deployment – SP 2013 / Office 365
- Using App for SharePoint to deploy an App Part
- Configure App permissions
- Package as SharePoint “App”
- When deploying – grant permissions to App
If you are using TypeScript in your environment, let me know and tell me how it is going for you.