I've modified the session title based on recent events. Namely, this big one: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sharepointdev/archive/2014/01/14/deprecation-of-custom-code-in-sandboxed-solutions.aspx
SharePoint is an evolving platform: in 2007, we were all building farm web parts. Then in 2010, we were introduced with sandbox web parts, with the beginnings of the client side object model. In 2013, we are looking at the evolved app model, with a super-charged REST service.
As developers, while it is great to learn about what's coming down the pike, it feels extremely frustrating not knowing what to learn, or attend a session and learn a technology that you can’t put to use because you don’t use the latest and the most cutting edge in your organization.
- What is in a little WebPart
- Where do you run your code
- Running the code on the Server (.NET)
- REST (listdata.svc)
- REST (_app)
- Office 365
- Framework Considerations:
- Plain JQuery
- Adding Value:
- TypeScript (Syntax, Intelli-Sense)
- Jasmine (Unit Testing)
- Where are we, where are we going
- Where should we be?
- Can't possibly cover everything and still have a working demo, can I? Though I do love having demos to show people at the end of a session.
This is a session in ongoing development. But I wanted to throw out the outlines and get some feedback on what do you want to see? And what do you NOT want to see.
Let me know below!