This upcoming series of articles promise to be far more exciting than the title.
How do you use an InfoPath form document to populate a word document with content controls.
- Building a Word document template with Content Control place holders
- Use Content Control toolkit to bind values to place holders in the template to an embedded custom XML (hey, isn't an InfoPath document an XML file?)
- Creating a WCF service to take a Word template document, and replace the custom XML, by the power of Open XML SDK (2.0, of course).
- Invoking the WCF service from within an InfoPath document to generate a word template version of itself!
- Finally, a bit of discussion on where Word Automation services fits in the bigger picture, as well as thoughts on best practices.
Drop a comment below if you have any specific questions relating to these steps. Specifically, if you can think of a far better title for this series.
Otherwise, stay tuned! :-)