Thank you all for attending SharePoint Saturday, giving up your time. Sydney marks the last of the 6 SharePoint Saturdays that I've had the privilege to present in this year, ticking off:
- Perth http://johnliu.net/blog/2012/4/20/spsperth-2012-update.html
- Brisbane http://johnliu.net/blog/2012/6/4/sharepoint-saturday-brisbane-update.html
- Adelaide http://johnliu.net/blog/2012/6/29/sharepoint-saturday-adelaide-update.html
- Melbourne http://johnliu.net/blog/2012/8/6/sharepoint-saturday-melbourne-2012.html
- Canberra http://johnliu.net/blog/2012/9/27/sharepoint-saturday-canberra-2012.html
- Sydney - last, my hometown.
The best part of SharePoint Saturday is just meeting talking to the enthusiastic SharePoint fans and hear what people are doing out there. Honestly, not many people are that crazy to give up a sunny Saturday to learn about SharePoint - you guys are amazing.
The worst part is the travel.
Sydney SharePoint User Group
I was honestly surprised almost everybody already know about the Sydney SharePoint User Group. We meet monthly in the CBD between 6-7pm on the 3rd Tuesday of the Month. We actually start at 5:30pm to eat up all the pizza first, and for the guys that don't need to head home right away, join us at the pub and geek out.
Sign up here so you can see what topic is coming up next month:
The User Group gave away a Miniature Golf Course during the event.
If you didn't manage to win one, but is still interested in it, it's here:
- The Miniature Book of Miniature Golf
- The demo solution http://johnliu.net/storage/SPGSvcWp.zip
- The PowerPoint http://johnliu.net/storage/SharePoint%20REST%20and%20jQuery6.pptx